Rules of Play
Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind
Rules of Play:
- The lottery will take place from May 10 until June 28 at Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. It will occur at 4120 Rideau Valley Drive North, Manotick, ON, K4M 1B2 and online at www.guidedog5050.ca
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Tickets prices are 5 tickets for $10, 25 tickets for $25 or 150 tickets for $50.
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd.
- The draw dates will take place on: Main 50/50 draw: June 28th, 2021 at Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. Ticket purchases must be made no later than 9:00am on June 28th in order to be eligible or this main 50/50 draw.
- After buying, patrons will be emailed a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Number Issuing System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generator (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be monitored on website, and will be 50% of the total sales for that draw.
- The winning number will be announced on website, social media channels and in print on site.
The winner will also be contacted directly by a representative from Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind by phone and/or email.
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind at: 613-692-7777, or by email at: email@example.com. The ticket may then be brought to 4120 Rideau Valley Drive North, Manotick, ON, at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be awarded the prize amount by cheque. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- The winner must provide photo identification and verify their phone number and address in order to claim their prize.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated back to the Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Ticket purchasers must be located in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase
- The above set of rules will be posted at each event.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1-888–230–3505)
We would also conduct two additional 50/50 draws later in the year, exactly following all of the above Rules of Play, with only the dates changed.
50/50 Event #2- Event would run from Oct 12-Nov. 22, 2021. Draw date Nov. 22, tickets can no longer be purchased after 9:00am on Nov .22.
50/50 Event #3- Event would run from Jan. 3-Feb 14, 2022. Draw date Feb. 14, tickets can no longer be purchased after 9:00am on Feb. 14.